Wednesday 15 October 2014

Broken Dates, Broken Excuses. (Ask Clara, overseas edition)

Today, Cristina, from Tuscany writes to me asking this question:

Hi Clara, how are you? I'm confused and I need an advice from you :)

I've known a boy 12 years older than me. I'm 20 and he's 32. He is fascinating and a good looking man...But we chatting from 2 months. I never contact him...He always do.

But when he asks me to go out and I accept, he disappear. And the day after, he try to tell me excuses and justifications. Why he contact me everyday if than, he don't wants to go out with me??!! I'm not a petulant girl. I always have the respect of everyone....But this situation has to finish...How can I do?

Do I just disappear and don't answer at his messages, or should I make a speech about that with him?

Excuse me for my English. And excuse me for the bother : |


Thank you Cristina for trusting me with giving you insight to this issue. 

At any age, when it comes to finding decent men brought up to fulfill their commitments, the most basic gesture is for a man to SHOW UP for a date when plans have been made. 

The fact that he has broken dates repeatedly with "excuses and justifications" means this man will no longer have the pleasure of hearing from you. 

What kind of manners was this guy taught by his mother anyways? 

You mention at the end of your letter that this "situation has to finish". Well, I certainly sense your determination to discontinue letting this guy play you like a yo yo. 

Do what you need to do to ensure he never hears from you again. Block him, stay away from the areas he hangs out in, heck, if you need to move to another area, I'd do that too. 

Keep your standards and dignity high Cristina. 


No comments:

Post a Comment