Friday 2 November 2012

Getting Nailed.

This week after work, I made a pit stop at shoppers drug mart and found myself staring at a 11.99 nail polish with flecks of glitter. 

10 seconds later, my brain refocused and deemed all this nail polish is propaganda. I'll make my own. 


I live in New Westminster, where the skytrain station is now home to a bar, a sushi restaurant (love philly cream cheese roll), royal bank, starbucks, rocky mountain chocolate factory AND a one dollar store. 


I needed to get bubble wrap anyways to ship my girlfriend her shoe ring (read my previous blog), so why not see if the dollar store had some glitter? They did. Here it is stashed away in my backpack: 




I speeded home with my goods and plopped down on the floor with a bottle of clear nail polish, a piece of folded newspaper and three bottles of this glitter.  

To all you girls at home, this is how you do it. 


1. You have to fold the newspaper to create a linear crease. 

2. Sprinkle the glitter on newspaper. I took all three bottles and shook away. 
3. Aim the spout of newspaper towards opening of nail polish bottle. 

For all you visual learners (like me), here is a photo:




There you go. No more spending 11.99 on a bottle of glitter nail polish :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment