Sunday 4 November 2012

The sequined Adidas stitch.

Hai everyone :)

For the first time in 4 years, I wore my sequined Adidas shoes on my way to the gym today. I had initially designed them back when I attended university. Here they are: 


Looking at them, I definitely did not remember how to do the stitch. This bothered me during the last half of my workout and I spent my 10 minute train ride home examining my shoe and trying to envision how the heck I had managed to perfect this stitch 8 years ago. 


When I arrived home, I decided to use my very old and dirty oven mitt as a demo. Here it is: 


I'm a hands-on learner so with needle and thread in hand, I was slowly beginning to remember the stitch. 

1. First, thread a needle and make a knot at the end. Thread needle through from BOTTOM. This ensures knot isn't visible. 



So I had begun the stitch already in order to ensure that I was doing it properly. 

2. In the previous step, you made the knot and the needle comes up from the bottom. Insert a sequin through the needle now. 

Here is what it looks like: 


3. Guide sequin (pink one is pictured here) to the bottom and insert needle through previous sequin (blue one pictured here). Guide needle through this hole so it looks like this: 


4. Guide needle through hole of pink sequin and pull thread through. Look at the following two pictures: 




5. Insert needle through left side of mitt (fabric) and come back up again with needle. Like this: 



6. Insert sequin and repeat :) 


This stitch is great for decorating the ankle part of canvas shoes and other soft material. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment