Friday 2 November 2012

If the shoe fits, wear a shoe ring.



Hi Everyone! *waves* I haven't blogged for a while so I have all this pent up creative energy to share with you all today.

A few weeks ago, while wandering value village like a hobo, I stumbled upon a bag of barbie shoes. There were approximately 160 pairs in many styles. Current and flashback retro. I for sure knew that there would be a good use for these shoes so I took the bag and gallivanted towards the cashier.

0.50 cents later, I walked out of the door and an idea hit me like a fat man walking into a 99 pound girl-----I was going to make rings using the shoes.

Knowing I was not going to purchase these adjustable rings individually, I managed to find out who the wholesaler was for Granville Island's "Beadworks". Beazu, located near Main Street skytrain station, offered bags of rings, each containing 50 pieces at 18.00 per bag. I purchased three bags knowing that if it wasn't a hit with the public, it'd be a great creation for this year's goodie bags for the Cinderella Project (where I will be a stylist for this year's high school graduating class). Here are the rings:


In addition to the value village value pack of barbie shoes, I managed to find two unique pairs of heels from ebay. It is from these that I have created the rings that have garnered my first sale. Here are the shoes:


I wanted to make sure that the shoe was mounted on properly, so a hot glue gun would not do. For all of you who do not know this, crazy glue is available for purchase at the dollar store. This is what I used to adhere the shoe to the ring. These are the final products:



And I so happen to have a ring box lying around :) For those of you who are curious, the blue platform has been purchased by my friend Alice M and the pink one is still available. Message me if you are interested! 


No comments:

Post a Comment